Online Members Lounge Demo
The program takes a young dancer from choosing their first pair of pointe shoes, through preparatory exercises and beginner class exercises, all the way to turns en pointe. There are over 75 online videos, and the downloadable audio files and new PDF’s complete the set; making the class work easy to practice at home or in the studio.
Muscle Activation Exercises
This section introduces the presenters and explains the philosophy behind the entire program. Lisa then guides the dancer through special exercises to train all of the muscles required to really succeed and accelerate development en pointe. The exercises are broken into sections to teach a dancer everything they need to know about:
- Core stability
- Turnout Control
- Inner Thigh and VMO Control
- Foot and Ankle Strength
- Balance and Proprioception
My First Pointe Shoes!
This section demystifies a dancer’s first pair of pointe shoes. Lisa and Vicki guide the dancer through fitting, breaking in and looking after their shoes; as well as sewing and tying the ribbons. Lisa then guides the dancer through some preparatory exercises in pointe shoes to grasp the concepts of working in them before commencing class work.
Stage 1,2 & 3
Vicki starts by teaching Stage 1 of the program, explaining each exercise in detail. All exercises are presented with precise demonstrations and instruction, and are then set to music. Once a dancer is familiar with all of the exercises, having high quality recordings of all of the music tracks (without instruction) makes teaching the exercises in class effortless. Stages 2 and 3 are then demonstrated in detail. Each stage involves progressions which are added to the basic exercises from Stage 1, and new exercises are added to further challenge the dancer’s strength. Dancers should definitely aim to master Stage 1 before advancing to the higher levels. Progressions include less barre support, faster and longer combinations of steps, as well as the introduction of port de bras. We recommend that dancers practice their designated stage at least twice a week to the musical accompaniment, and once a month with the DVD to fine-tune the details of the program.
Music for Class Work – Downloadable MP3 Audio Files
The audio files include delightful original arrangements of many Classical Ballet Greats including The Nutcracker Suite, Coppelia and Swan Lake, and allow you to practice the program in the studio, without the use of the DVD or online videos. Please note that all of the musical tracks on this program are original recordings arranged and performed by Franz Weindl, and are copyright protected. Please Note: The music on this program must not be used for any performances outside of regular class work, without prior written consent. Please contact us for more information about this.
This new set of PDF’s help integrate the work into the studio, and encourages students to continue with the work themselves at home. The new downloads include:
- A reformatted 74 page ebook detailing the entire My Beginner Pointe program.
- A printable Student Workbook with detailed tracking sheets to monitor student progress, self-reflection exercises to engage their learning process.
- A handy, downloadable 7 page PDF guide on fitting pointe shoes which is ideal for new students en pointe, or those who have struggled to find the ideal fit.
- Anatomy of a pointe shoe PDF explaining the 12 different parts of a pointe that students need to know about when looking for the perfect shoe.
- A Class Plan PDF which outlines the variation within each exercise for varying levels and abilities. This allows you to effortlessly prescribe the appropriate levels for each student in class.